Sunday, May 5, 2013

Swap Meet, License Plates & WOW

Yesterday several of us went to the Tri-Cities 37th Annual Swap Meet and Antique Car Display at the Benton County Fairgrounds. I took my license plates with me. Earlier in the week I called the guy that I brought the license plates for Blue Goose from (see Blog dated May, 2012), because he had expressed interest in the plates I had for sale, to see if he was going to have a booth here. He said wasn't coming.

While at the swap meet I talked to a lady who was selling license plates. She said she would buy plates and was interested in looking at mine. So I went back to the car and carried my box of plates in. She looked over the plates, only interested in older Washington State ones, gathered a few and asked me what I thought was a fair price for them. I said $25 each. She said that was fair and offered me $400 for the lot. I said sure and we consumated the deal.

When I returned home I checked my database to see which plates she had purchased and found that she had picked eleven. So she paid me almost $40 a piece for the plates. WOW!

The attached picture shows an example plate, probably the one she will get the most money for when she sells it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment